Monday, June 2, 2008

Strawberry Cupcakes

I kept hearing about these cupcakes on the Nest's What's Cooking board. I love cupcakes. I knew the friends I would be seeing tonight also love cupcakes, especially strawberry cupcakes. I was so excited when I tasted them. They are so good. I got raves from the six other people who got to try them as well. Here is the blog that I got the recipe from:
http://www.goodthingscatered.blogspot.com/

Angie's Famous Strawberry Cupcakes
Ingredients:2 1/2 c. cake flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 c. unsalted butter1
1/2 c. sugar (or a little less)
2 eggs
1/3 c. buttermilk
1/4 c. oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 c. chopped strawberries
For the frosting:
1/4 c. strawberries
1 Tbsp. strawberry liquor (I couldn't find it so I used extra strawberry puree)
1/2 tsp lemon juice
8 oz. cream cheese, room temp
1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, room temp
1 3/4 c. powdered sugar
1/2 Tbsp vanilla
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare 2 cupcake pans. (my batch made about 20 cupcakes)
Sift flour, salt, and baking soda in medium bowl.
In bowl of mixer, cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
Add eggs one at a time until combined.
Add buttermilk, oil and vanilla until combined.
Add flour mixture and stir until just combined.
Fold in berries.
Fill cupcake pans 3/4 way.
Bake for 20 minutes.

For frosting, put berries, liquor, and juice in saucepan.
Bring to a boil over medium heat and then reduce to a simmer for 5 mins.
Let cool then blend until smooth.
In bowl of mixer mix cream cheese and butter until creamy.
Add sugar, then vanilla.
Add berry puree until smooth.
Frost cupcakes when they are completely cooled.

No comments: