Sunday, June 1, 2008

Pizza Turned Calzone

I really wanted to make pizza with the pizza stone I had gotten as a shower gift. So I used a whole wheat pizza crust from Trader Joe's, jarred pizza sauce (I didn't have the time or the energy to make sauce), a fat free cheese mix of Cheddar and Mozzarella, and some toppings (onions, olives, mushrooms and turkey sausage). It looked so good but I knew I had made too many toppings. I tried to move it to the pizza stone in the oven and I could not get it to move. I eventually got it to the stone but at that point it was ruined. We made a decision to turn it into a calzone. The crust cooked well and the cheese melted. It tasted good and that was all that mattered. Next time I will put on less toppings and put it on a surface where it will not stick so I can make actual pizza.

No comments: