Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Bacon Cheeseburgers


One of my husband's favorite fast food items is the Double Western Bacon Cheeseburger from Carl's Jr. We don't eat these because they are not good for you. I have been trying to come up with healthy versions of some of our favorite foods. This was attempt at one of his favorites. This is the second time I have done this and they really are good. They have a lot less calories and a lot less fat than the original. I have a feeling I will be making many more of these in the years to come. I realize that they still have quite a few calories but it's much better for us.

Bacon Cheeseburgers
4 oz of very low fat ground beef per burger(we use 7% or 4% if we can find it)
Lean center cut bacon (2 or 3 slices per burger)
1 0r 2 slices of fat free cheese singles per burger
2 Frozen Onion Rings per burger
Your favorite bbq sauce
Whole wheat hamburger buns (I buy the smallest ones I can find to cut back on calories)

Start the onion rings in the oven per bagged directions. Cook the bacon, then the burgers, and then add the cheese just before done to melt. Toast the buns and then add bbq sauce. Top with bacon, onion rings and the meat patty. Enjoy!

No comments: